Requirements for the 300 hour advanced Yoga Teacher Training in attainable and sustainable yoga practices program at Posabilities.
Applicants must have completed a 200 Yoga Teacher Training and received their 200 hour certification prior to the start of this program. All students must complete the Tula Institute of Yoga 300 hour YTT application (available here on line, at the studio, or will mailed upon request). Upon acceptance into the program students must pay a $500 non-refundable deposit to hold their space in the program. Space will be limited to 15 students to assure individual attention and support for all students. Tula requires a minimum enrollment of six students to conduct this training. Note: If Tula Institute cancels this training then you will receive a full refund of your deposit.
To receive your certificate of completion and be eligible for Yoga Alliance Registry for RYT500, you must complete 270 contact hours including 30 practicum hours, 30 hours of non-contact hours comprised of OMwork (Home work) assignments, and an open book test at the end of the training. Missed contact hours must be made up with a Tula Institute Faculty member at $75 per hour. (Under some circumstances there may be other options for make-up time depending on the hours missed.) Students not wishing to go on to teach can opt out of some practicum hours and test, but will not be eligible to register with the Yoga Alliance.
Students should have their own Yoga mat for a regular practice (Jade Yoga mats, and props will be available for purchase at a 20% discount once the program has started).
The following books are required:
Estimated total $142 based on prices found on Amazon. This list will be shared with our local bookstore The Tribune located on Main St.
- The practice of yoga sutra – Sadhana pada – Pandora Rajmani Tigunait, Ph.D. – $17
- Yoga Adjustments: Philosophy, Principles, and Techniques – Mark Stephens – $21
- The Yoga Anatomy Coloring Book: A Visual guide to form, function, and movement – Kelly Solloway – $20
- Light on Pranayama – BKS Iyengar $13
- Relax and Renew by Judith Hanson Lasater $20
- Yoga for Emotional Balance by Bo Forbes $16
- Restore and Rebalance by Judith Hanson Lasater $17
- Yoga Nidra: The Art of Transformational Sleep – Kamini Desai – $18
- Light on Yoga – BKS Iyengar – $14
- The art and business of teaching yoga by Amy Ippoliiti & Taro Smith, Ph.D. – $16
- The Yogi Entrepreneur: A guide to learning a Mindful Living Through Yoga – Darren Main – $15
- Eat, taste, heal: An ayurvedic cookbook for modern living – T. Yarema, D. Rhoda, J Brannigan – $21
- Ayurveda: The science of self-healing: A practical guide – V Lad – $10
- Trauma Stewardship: An Everyday Guide to Caring for Self While Caring for Others – Laura van Dernoot Lipsky, Connie Burk $16
- Teaching Trauma-Sensitive Yoga: A Practical Guide Paperback – Brendon Abram, Margaret A. Howard – $18
- A Chair for Yoga: A complete guide to Iyengar Yoga practice with a chair – Dr. Eyal Shifroni – $19
- Chair Vinyasa: Yoga Flow for Every Body – Delia Quigley – $19
- Chair Yoga: Sit, Stretch, and Strengthen Your Way to a Happier, Healthier You – Kristin Mcgee – $13
Yoga Anatomy text of your choice. Recommendations include:
- Yoga Anatomy – Leslie Kaminoff – $17
- Functional anatomy of Yoga – A guide for practitioners and teachers – $28
- Yogabody: Anatomy, Kinesiology, and Asana – Judith Lasater – $23
- Anatomy of Hatha Yoga – David Coulter $22
- Rainbow body: A history of the western Chakra system from Blavatsky to Brennan – Kurt Leland – $21
- Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom – Rick Hanson – $13
- Adaptive yoga moves anybody: Created for individuals with MS and neuromuscular conditions – Mindy Eisenberg – $25
- Mudras-Joseph & Lillian LePage $30