200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Curriculum, Faculty, Tuition and Costs at Posabilities
Areas of instruction will include, but not limited to:
Technique – Including asana (poses) practice and alignment, Pranayama (Breath work), and meditation, as well as the incorporation of mudras and bandhas into a regular yoga practice.
Anatomy & Physiology – Including an in-depth understanding of the neuro-musculoskeletal system, and other systems of the physical body, the subtle energy body, and how these apply to the practice of yoga and how yoga can be used to address each of these systems therapeutically.
Yoga philosophy – Students will be exposed to the history of yoga, a variety of ancient and modern yogic texts, and the 8 limbs of Yoga which make up the yogic guidelines for living a meaningful and purposeful life.
Teaching Methodology – Principles of teaching yoga including sequencing and structuring of an effective class, verbal cueing, demonstration, observing, and assisting will be taught. Creating a safe and supportive environment, and the ethics of teaching will also be covered. There will be multiple opportunities for practice teaching.
Practicum – All students pursuing certification for teaching and ability to apply with the Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher will gain experience teaching and receiving feedback through minimally 10 hours of practicum. Additional hours may be available. For those not wishing to go on to teach the practicum hours will be voluntary, not mandatory.
LEAD TRAINER – Katey Hawes, MS, PT. E-RYT500
The lead instructor for this training is Katey Hawes, MS, PT, E-RYT500, owner of Posabilities ~ Physical Therapy, Yoga, Wellness. Katey has completed 500 hours of Yoga Alliance Teacher Training including her Advanced Therapeutic Yoga Teacher Certification through Integrative Yoga Therapy and is a Certified Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT). Katey has a passion for supporting others in realizing their greatest potential, passing on the knowledge that she has gained from her many teachers, and sharing the many benefits of the ancient practice of Yoga for health, happiness, and healing. Some guest teachers will also present throughout the training offering you a rich tapestry of insights, perspectives, and styles.
Tula faculty include:
Rotating guest teachers in the past, or upcoming, include:
LOCATION & DATES
All sessions will be held at Posabilities – 15 Tannery St., Norway, ME.
Each weekend session will meet on Saturday 10 am – 6:30 pm & Sunday 8:00 am – 6:30 pm.
September 14-15, 2019
October 19-20, 2019
November 9-10, 2019
December 7-8, 2019
January 18-19, 2020
February 8-9, 2020
March 8-9, 2020
April 4-5, 2020
May 2-3, 2020
May 30-31, 2020
Make up weekend – June 13-14, 2020
TUITION and COSTS
A $300 deposit is due upon acceptance into the program, the balance of your tuition is due based on the payment option selected (See below).
- All training weekends.
- Two individual 60-minute sessions with the lead instructor.
- Tula Institute of Yoga training manual.
- Unlimited Yoga classes at Posabilities for the duration of the program.
- A healthy lunch will be provided on one day of each weekend session.
- Participants will also receive discounts on services and products during the term of the program (10% off services, 25% off products).
- Paid in full $2700 – $300 deposit to hold space, $2400 balance due by the first day of training.
- Early bird $2500 – $300 deposit to hold space, $2200 balance due by July 21, 2019.
- 12 month payment plan $2700 – $300 deposit to hold space, 12 monthly payments of $200 beginning by May 5, 2019.
- 6 month payment plan $2,970 – $300 deposit to hold space, 6 monthly payments of $445 beginning the 1st day of the training.
- Once you have completed your application and been accepted into this training program you will be contacted for payment arrangements.
- There is one work-study position available for discounted tuition that will be granted based on willingness and ability to meet work-study requirements, and on a first come first served basis.
- For questions about payment options contact Katey Hawes at Posabilities, 207-743-0930 or email.
Click on the item below for more information on the 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training: